**this tomato soup is suitable for vegetarians.
1. Preheat oven to 200c.
2. Place roughly chopped tomatoes and onions into a large bowl. Generously season with cayenne pepper, add a pinch of salt and some black pepper to taste.
3. Place the tomato and onion chunks onto a baking tray. Wash the garlic heads and cut off the upper end in such a way as to make the inside of individual cloves visible. Place the garlic heads, the cut side down, onto another baking tray. Place both baking trays into the oven to roast.
4. It usually takes about 20 minutes for tomatoes to get done and some extra 10 minutes for the garlic to get sufficiently soft.
5. While the vegetables are roasting, you can make the toasts. Sprinkle several slices of wholegrain bread with olive oil and place them into oven for 7 to 10 minutes, until golden-brown.
6. When the vegetables are ready, remove them from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Place the tomatoes, onions and one garlic head into the blender and blend until smooth. Pour the soup into a serving bowl, sprinkle with some black pepper and season with basil leaves for decoration.
7. You can spread the second roasted garlic head over the toasted bread slices to be served with the soup. Enjoy your soup!